Nominate a rank
- Applicants are assessed at a specified rank against the Victoria Police Capability Framework (email PRSB to request capability guidelines for your rank/s).
- Using the guidelines, look at the capabilities and indicators for your departure rank.
- Think about how your experience, skills and qualifications might match these capabilities.
- If you have gained substantial and relevant skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications since leaving Victoria Police, you may be better aligned with a higher rank.
- For sergeant and above, consider whether your management and leadership capabilities match current expectations (see Management and Leadership Capability below).
- Nominate a rank.
Management and Leadership Capability
Read these publications to find out about the qualities and behaviours expected of leaders in Victoria Police.
- Victoria Police Blue Paper
- VEOHRC Independent Review
- Victoria Police Mental Health Review
- Victoria Police Capability Plan
Evidence of Capability
- Provide examples using the principles of the STAR method.
Explain the Situation (context), Task you were given or Action you took and the Result (outcome).
- Respond to the indicators, not just the heading: Dot points are acceptable.
- Provide relevant examples of your capabilities, which may be from your experience after leaving Victoria Police.
- Use policing language and concepts to make comparisons between your current/previous work and that within Victoria Police.
- For sergeant and above, demonstrate relevant and contemporary management and leadership experience (see management and leadership capability above).
Note: Your nominated referees will be asked to provide a written reference on your capabilities at this rank.