Are you still serving? If yes, see AT DEPARTURE.
Did you resign from Victoria Police more than 6 months ago? If yes, see AFTER DEPARTURE.
Are you seeking to renew at your registered rank? If yes, see RENEWAL at registered rank.
Are you applying for registration at a HIGHER rank? Please provide any documents relating to your current role (for example, position description, evidence of classification or salary band), which demonstrate your ‘higher’ capability.
Where you DISMISSED from Victoria Police? Victoria Police officers who were dismissed are ineligible to apply for registration.
Where you confirmed as a constable? Current and former Victoria Police oﬃcers, who were not confirmed prior to resigning are deemed not to have met the capability threshold and do not need to be registered but may apply directly to Victoria Police for re-employment HRD-PRIOR-POLICING-MGR@police.vic.gov.au
Priority will be given to applications for registration from former members who resigned from Victoria Police within the last 2 years, and who wish to return to Victoria Police in the immediate future.
Before submitting an application, please:
- Read the PRSB Guide to Assessment for Registration
- Victoria Police information for former Victoria Police members
- Contact the PRSB by email or telephone 0459 867 116
|PROBATIONARY CONSTABLE||Members who were not confirmed prior to departure||Do not need to be registered||Re-employment is managed by Victoria Police. Email Victoria Police at HRD-PRIOR-POLICING-MGR@police.vic.gov.au for more information.|
|Current Victoria Police officer intending to resign||Apply any time from 3 months before to 6 months after leaving||Copy of driver licence, consent to check records, statutory declaration , Certificate of Service, if issued (to request a copy email PAYROLL-SERVICES-MGR@police.vic.gov.au )|
|AFTER DEPARTURE (confirmed constable to commander)||Former Victoria Police officer, who resigned voluntarily and was confirmed as a constable||No cut-off apply any time||CV, capability self-assessment , consent to check records , statutory declaration|
|RENEWAL (at registered rank)||Registrant renewing at same rank||Before expiry on the Register||CV, consent to check records , renewal change of circumstances statutory declaration|
|RENEWAL (higher than registered rank)||Registrant renewing at higher rank||Before expiry on the Register||As for renewal plus evidence of higher duties relating to your current role (position description, salary classification)|
Referees - Registration after departure and renewal at higher rank only
- Referees should be drawn from occupations other than Victoria Police
- Assess your referee's interest and availability to provide a written reference
- Referees should hold significant knowledge of your capabilities, preferably as a supervisor
- If self- or un-employed, consider professional associates, clients and/or personal referees
- Statutory declarations are relevant to your character and reputation, consent for exchange of information and the accuracy and authenticity of your application
- Disclosure of adverse information does not automatically exclude you from consideration so explain the context and circumstances
- Email all documents to email@example.com
- Retain original documents for record keeping
- See Registration page for a full description of what happens after you submit the form